ASSOCIATION FOR PROMOTION OF IT, CULTURE AND COEXISTENCE (IKS) was founded by a group of young enthusiasts who wanted to create positive changes in a post-war community. The association was registered on the 12th of March 2003 with headquarters in Petrinja.
Activities of the organisation:
- encourage civic activism and volunteer work;
- promote participatory democracy;
- organise public debates, promotional activities, forums, events (theatre, projections, promotions, exhibitions, festivals);
- strengthen capacities and encourage cooperation, partnership and linking key stakeholders in community development;
- implement non-formal education programs (seminars, workshops, training courses);
- IT education and training;
- strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations;
- empower socially vulnerable and marginalized groups (long-term unemployed, young people with fewer opportunities, single mothers, unemployed women, women 45+, people with disabilities, ethnic minorities and other socially vulnerable groups on the margins of society);
- empower and educate young people to develop careers in the civil society sector;
- provide Job seeker club services;
- encourage the social integration of vulnerable groups;
- encourage international cooperation;
- conduct educational programs and activities for children including civic education;
- carry out self-financing activities of the organisation in line with the strategic objectives of Association IKS.
Vision: a humane, democratic environment in which Association IKS acts as a generator of changes and a stronghold of positive ideas.
Mission: to empower citizens to develop a sense of responsibility and initiative for the advancement of the entire community.
– Tolerance, respect for diversity, opinions and attitudes
– A stimulating environment
– Respect for human rights
– Transparency of work
– Professional Communication
– The cooperation of all stakeholders in the community
– Partnership and inter-sector cooperation
Strategic goals of Association IKS for years 2015-2017:
- Fostering active citizenship and participative democracy
- Empowering people for the labour market to eliminate poverty and social exclusion
- Civil society development
- Development of the organization towards aim of strengthening social impact on community