ASSOCIATION FOR PROMOTION OF IT, CULTURE AND COEXISTENCE (IKS) was founded by a group of young enthusiasts who wanted to create positive changes in a post-war community. The association was registered on the 12th of March 2003 with headquarters in Petrinja.
Activities of the organisation:
- encourage civic activism and volunteer work;
- promote participatory democracy;
- organise public debates, promotional activities, forums, events (theatre, projections, promotions, exhibitions, festivals);
- strengthen capacities and encourage cooperation, partnership and linking key stakeholders in community development;
- implement non-formal education programs (seminars, workshops, training courses);
- IT education and training;
- strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations;
- empower socially vulnerable and marginalized groups (long-term unemployed, young people with fewer opportunities, single mothers, unemployed women, women 45+, people with disabilities, ethnic minorities and other socially vulnerable groups on the margins of society);
- empower and educate young people to develop careers in the civil society sector;
- provide Job seeker club services;
- encourage the social integration of vulnerable groups;
- encourage international cooperation;
- conduct educational programs and activities for children including civic education;
- carry out self-financing activities of the organisation in line with the strategic objectives of Association IKS.
The board of directors of the Association is the highest body consisting of 14 members.
Executive Director – Tamara Jovičić
IKS Association operates in Turkulinova 9, Petrinja, in premises owned by the Republic of Croatia and currently employs 7 people.
Vision: a humane, democratic environment in which Association IKS acts as a generator of changes and a stronghold of positive ideas.
Mission: to empower citizens to develop a sense of responsibility and initiative for the advancement of the entire community.
– Tolerance, respect for diversity, opinions and attitudes
– A stimulating environment
– Respect for human rights
– Transparency of work
– Professional Communication
– The cooperation of all stakeholders in the community
– Partnership and inter-sector cooperation
Our Strategic goals 2018-2020:
Develop a democratic culture for the development of local communities
Impact on the development of civil society
Empower citizens through lifelong learning programs
Organisational development with a view to stronger social impact in the community